The Kenya Red Cross Society National Volunteer Awards
Participation in the awards is easy. Collect the nomination forms for the individual and the Organizational/Corporate categories from our Branches, Regions and Headquarter offices countrywide or download from the Kenya Red Cross website http://www.redcross.or.ke
For more information call 020 6003593, 020 6002465, 020 3950000.
As a Kenya Red Cross Society Volunteer, beneficiary, partner or staff, if you know any individual, organization, corporate or institutions that have made significant contributions to the society in line with the work of Kenya Red Cross Society, either at a local, constituency or National level, tell us about it by submitting a nomination or nominating them for the 2018 Kenya Red Cross Volunteer Awards.
The Kenya Red Cross Society 2018 Award Categories:
The Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) Volunteer Awards honour and recognize individuals (Red Cross and None Red Cross), groups, institutions, media houses and organizations for outstanding volunteer service and acts of great contribution to the society towards the cause of the Red Cross Movement. It will also recognize individuals and institutions that have demonstrated leadership and commitment to promoting volunteerism.
Kenya Red Cross Society has a three-level administrative structure at National, Regional and Branch levels and thus the organization will endeavor to appreciate and award its pool of over 100,000 volunteers/members at each level to celebrate volunteerism and selfless giving.
- A. A. Molu Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes a person who has overcome seemingly insurmountable challenges in the course of their volunteer work within the Kenya Red Cross Society. The person will also have made great contributions and shown great devotion consistently, mainly of national significance, and reached out to help others for a minimum of 20 years. (This is the highest award by KRCS).
- Michael Sululu Volunteer of the Year Award recognizes an individual who has made great sacrificial contribution with great devotion for the last one year in extremely risky emergency response operations. (The second highest award by KRCS)
Special Recognition Award recognizes corporates, individuals, groups and other organisations that have selflessly and with high devotion engaged in humanitarian work without expecting any return. This award is decided by the Kenya Red Cross Society and is the third most valued award
- by the KRCS. It also overs Community Health Volunteers, Peer educators and philanthropist
- Youth Volunteer of the Year Award recognizes the contribution of a Kenya Red Cross Society Youth Volunteer aged between 7 and 30 years who has overcome diversity and made great contribution to humanity and shown great devotion to help others to advance the mandate of the Red Cross Movement in the last one year.
- University Chapters Award recognizes any public or private university which has a strong Kenya Red Cross Society University Club/Chapter with the highest number of active Red Cross members and volunteers. The university club/chapter must have made a difference in the lives of the vulnerable in the communities where the university is located in the last one year.
- Corporate Sector Humanitarian Award recognizes corporate/private sector corporations that have contributed to the Red Cross cause and volunteerism through their corporate social responsibility or any other humanitarian initiatives in the last one year.
- County Branch of the Year Award recognizes well-functioning Kenya Red Cross Society Branches that have provided great service to communities they serve in the last one year. This category looks at the all-round functionality of the branch, from governance, management, youth programming, fundraising, networking, membership, among others areas.
- Community Service Award recognizes celebrities, well-known personalities, politicians and individuals who have supported, participated or partnered with the Kenya Red Cross Society to voluntarily promote humanitarian work in the last one year. e.g. outstanding first ladies, philanthropists
- Junior Red Cross Award is dedicated to Red Cross Clubs in primary and secondary schools that have participated in active humanitarian work during the year.
- The inclusion award, recognizes groups, institutions and entities that have been active in promoting access to services for special groups advancing the inclusion agenda.
- Implementing Partner of the Year, This award recognizes all the entities that Kenya Red Cross is working with in a sub-granting model.
For information regarding the different categories you can apply click download